Custom Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2017

White square

I've been a bit busy lately, so I don't have too much tatting to show. I made this white square yesterday, in the hopes of using it as a base for a cube shaped box. It is tatted in DMC Cordonnet Special, size 40 white.


This is the same square as I'm using in the black box, except that it has a few extra thrown rings for stabilization. The tatting is much more dense this way, but I'm hoping it will help to give structure to the base and walls.

I'm also thinking that it would be nice to put a little flower with leaves on the top when it is all done. That is another thing I will have to figure out how to design.

5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That's a pretty little square! I was just looking at it and trying to decide if a cabochon would work in the center. ;-)

God's Kid said...

Fabulous square!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Very pretty square, should make a beautiful box

Robin Perfetti said...

I've been following along with your Ice Drop experiments. You certainly would be the expert on determining if a cabochon would work here!

2 Blues said...

What a beautiful pattern !!! The "trefoil plus" .... adding the extra rings to the trefoil is terrific. That modification to a standard makes the look totally different. Congrats. on yet another gorgeous project.